Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Catch Up


My blog has turned into something like unto my journal (which I checked recently and the last entry in my journal was when I was pregnant... with Bailey... he he he). I am not going to try to tell all about the summer, but a few highlights :)




Deidre and the jelly fish

Camden at the Seattle Zoo.. He is the only one that will really pose for me, the rest of them I have to beg or yell at :)

This is me and my two brothers and one of my sisters. We wanted to see our childhood home in Kennewick, Washington. We drove by, and I told Curtis to stop. I told him we should see if we could take a picture on the front porch in memory of all those Easter morning pictures. We all got out and I knocked on the door. The nicest man answered and I asked him if we could stand on the front porch and take a pic. He was so surprised,and invited us in to see what it looked like now. How could we have ever lived in that small space? It looked so much smaller than we remembered. Of course we are all 25 years older than the day we drove away.

We went to my sister Sheri's house in Othello, WA and had a blast. Her husband Matt took us to the lake to skip rocks. The kids obviously loved it!!
We went to Seattle for three days and fit so much in. We went to the Zoo and the Aquarium, The Space Needle and Pikes Market, had dinner at Ivars Acres of Clams, and lots more... 8 adults, and 13 kids, we were crazy but it was a blast!!

We found a park to overlook the Space Needle. Daren and Curtis got a bug and decided to climb the wall :)





We went to the museum of flight, it was fun, we got to sit in the cockpit of fighter planes and went inside a real Air Force One!

Thanks for all of the fun!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun vacation! Wish we could've taken one...not one that includes driving there though. :-)