For Cami…
This girl…
..came down the stairs yesterday morning to announce that she had no underwear in her drawer:) What? Didn’t dad just do two days of laundry this weekend?
Me: Where are all of them?
Deidre: I think they are dirty
Me: How could that be, did you put them away the other day, or just drop them back into the dirty pile? (This happens more than I care to admit around here, and she is not the only culprit)
Deidre: I don’t know, but there are no clean ones in my room ( a small smile)
Me: Well, I guess you have a few choices… you could borrow a pair from Enoch ( maybe that will teach her) So I walked away to his room to fetch her a pair. I came back with a brand new pair of size 4T white tidy whities..
Deidre: No way!
Me: They are brand new, never worn, just out of the package, (because he refuses to wear them or pee on the potty anymore, But I digress)
Deidre: What’s my other choice?
Me: Well, you could go comando..
Deidre: Really? A smile across her face
Me: Is that what you really want? (Quick, what is another option? I mean WHO sends their daughter to school comando?
Deidre: OK that’s it!! Another smile
Really, what little girl in her right mind wants to go comando? In levis? The answer.. Deidre. I love her, but not really sure some days where she came from. She is full of life, and energy to spare. She loves a challenge and to compete with anyone for anything. She has this crazy code of dressing anyway, no skirts, or dresses, or anything that looks like it could be considered a dress or skirt. That is not acceptable. She has tons of friends, most of them boys, and loves her “man” teacher. This doesn’t surprise me, I was the same way.
Thanks to Allyson for freezing her toes off to take some pictures of her before she was baptized last month. Yes, I haven’t blogged for a while, hopefully it won’t turn into my journal that I have ignored for 11 years:)





7 comments:
LOL...I love it!
That's awesome! She and Thomas could just hit it off...lots of similarities. Well, they both like to go "commando"! Hilarious! Who wants kids who aren't unique, anyway, right?! I loved doing those photos. I miss Deidre!!!
AHHH...to be able to go commando...what I wouldn't give....I'm definitely jealous! (I know, TMI :)
By the way, WELCOME BACK!!! That was a great story! Did she really end up going commando that day? Or did you make her wear Enoch's undies???
That's awesome...
Don't you just love kids with their own brains! (I mean, really, would you ever want them any other way?!?)
Love it!
Keeley says --"How embarrassing for Deidre"
I think D needs a new nickname. Commando!
Post a Comment