I think I might have fallen off the planet. I let myself get way too busy! It’s not healthy or fun. I stalk blogs from my phone, but it’s hard to comment from there. It feels like the only time I have is in the car while I wait for my kids, school, piano, TKD, scouts, ect… How do we get this busy and do I need to be? I swore I wouldn’t be one of those parents who had to have her kids in everything. I couldn’t possibly imagine adding one more thing!
We had the Brown family over for dinner last Sunday. It was good to see them. I feel like we don’t really see them, and since Jolene died and we don’t have her weekly updates about everyone, we need to get together. What a big job the Grandma has:) I loved watching Curtis and his brothers just have fun together and laugh and talk. They stood in the kitchen and laughed and had a good long talk. I loved it. My boys said the next day, “boy dad, all you did was talk to Robert and Jeff!” Curtis just said, “wait till you grow up, and you never get to see each other, and you’ll want to talk to each other too.”
Bailey had a Court of Honor this week and I am so proud of him!! He earned his Tenderfoot, First and Second Class all at once :) He has been working hard and has several merit badges he’s working on now too. He is a good example, a hard worker, and a very responsible young man.
The kids tested lately for a new belt at TaeKwon Do too. I’m proud to say they all have a new belt, and Deidre is loving it!! She’s trying to catch up to her brothers :)
For some reason, my camera won’t connect today to the computer, so I’ll try again to get some new pics. Probably not today, we have a piano recital, and I promised the kids if they got all cleaned up, I’d take them to see the new Wimpy Kid movie:)





1 comment:
Sounds like busy is also rewarding. I know that it is for me! It's wonderful seeing your kids develop talents and skills and to have those great "catch-up" get togethers with family! I try to remind myself that at this stage my kids come first and it's totally worth it! You are a fabulous mother and wife! Did you take your kids to Diary of a Wimpy Kid? I liked it except for the literal potty humor. My kids thought it was great.
Post a Comment