Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Been Too Long!

I feel like this is my journal all over again.  I try to keep up on it, and then before I know it I haven't posted in way too long.  Yikes!!!!

 

Bailey had a History Fair last week.  He chose to do his project on Betsy Ross.  (In case you ever need to know, she didn't really make the first flag, it just made a better story than the real one).   He made a flag out of ribbons and fabric.  He did it all by himself and I think it looked pretty good.  I am really proud of him, it was a lot of work.

 

IMGP0362

Nice Smile B!

 

 IMGP0360

 

Great job bud.

 

IMGP0356

Jen challenged us to take our pics with our kids.  I think my arms are not long enough.  I'll have to try again.

IMGP0337

Ok, I have to confess.  I am not a cake decorator.  Deidre wanted a  robot cake for her birthday.  I blindly said ok.  Then after carving, frosting, working, she didn't want to wait any longer, so her cake really only had a crumb coat layer.  Isn't it lovely?  Just say, how about a plain round cake?  Next time.

Happy very late birthday Deidre!  I love you.

5 comments:

Emily said...

The flag turned out fabulous! You should be proud of that!

My favorite part of your "Mother" picture is Enoch picking his nose.

Happy Birthday Deidre! We were looking through some old photos and found one of Austin, Deidre, and Malia at the neighborhood fun run one year (they were probably about 3). She was adorable (and still is)!

Richins Family said...

Holy smokes - get back Betsy Ross!! You have the most talented children on the planet. That flag is AMAZING! You are such a good mom and way to go on the picture with your kids. Enoch is too cute!

Happy Birthday Deidre! We are so excited to see all of you this weekend. Love ya!

Natalie said...

That cake looks much better than anything I've ever tried to 'decorate'!!!
I'm so excited to see everyone at the Christmas party. See you soon!

...Sheri said...

Love the cake! It looks like Deidre did too! Your mommy picture is great. I'll have to try it.
Bailey's project looks great!

Emily said...

Tera - Thank you so much for the pillowcases. They turned out so adorable! The kids are going to LOVE them. And thank you for telling Bailey the cost. I completely forgot to ask beforehand. I'm glad that he knew. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!