I can't believe it's been 11 years ago that he was born. It was a day that changed my life forever. We waited so long for him to come, we were so excited.
This is Bailey just after he was born, with his great grandma Lugene Bailey Divine. She was there when he was born, when Curtis handed him to her she asked "What is his name?" Curtis said Bailey, she was shocked, it was her maiden name. She asked how we would spell it, I laughed, why would we name him Bailey and then change the spelling? She was thrilled. She said it was the first birth she had "seen", she had her children in the days when mothers were given ether and put out to have their babies.
Bailey is the oldest grandchild on my side of the family, and the oldest great grandchild in my dad's family. We call this "assume the position", this is the favorite spot napping on grandpa's chest :)
My mom taught him at about three months about the value of a dollar
This is the epitome of Bailey. He is a great helper. He had to help can tomatoes this day.
First day of first grade
Bailey with grandma Jolene, just hanging out
Bailey with Enoch
He's grown up so much, I depend on Bailey for too much some day. I think that's the curse of the first born. I appreciate him every day and probably don't tell him often enough.
I love you Bailey. I am proud of the young man you are becoming. I love your smile, and your attitude. Even on days when it's hard, or you don't want to, you do what I ask. I'm glad you are patient with me as I learn how to be a better mom. Like my favorite song from Wicked, "because I knew you, I have been changed, for good." You make me want to be a better person. I hope you know I have a testimony, and I'm so glad I get to be your mom forever! Thanks for everything.. I love you,
Love,
Mom :)





4 comments:
Happy birthday Bay! You were everyones favorite "toy" when you came along, we all loved playing with you and stealing you away whenever we could, and as I recall you said my name before you could say much else, love ya!
Happy Birthday Bailey! I can't believe how much he's grown up since I've known him. How can that be??? You have dang cute kids. Coming from a fellow freckle-face, I LOVE all his freckles! So adorable!
Happy Birthday Bailey! I was also the oldest child and grandchild- LOVED it! Got so spoiled. :-)
Sweet! I haven't read blogs for SO long. I think I do the same thing with my oldest and I rely on her a lot as well. I got to meet Bailey last night. I told him I have an 11 year old daugther so we should set them up on a date ;-)
Post a Comment