Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Braces





Can you believe that Bailey is 10?  One last naked tooth picture...


Did my parents actually pay someone to put this ancient torture device in my mouth?


They don't really hurt!!?


Brace face, that's what my dad used to call me...

Bailey is going to have to learn how to eat right after he gets his braces adjusted, he came home from school today and announced that he really didn't eat lunch because everything was too hard.  I remember that pain  all to well.  

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Tell Bailey his braces look great. Addy says they seem natural and they look good on him. Those pictures at the ortho... are way funny. I can't believe the big rubber dam thing. That is soooooo large. Can you believe about Hayden? He really is so excited and feels happy about it. I will have to tell you the whole scoop later. See ya soon!

Emily said...

Tera - He aged like five years from the first picture to the last one. He seriously looks like a teenager in that last picture. Tell him to stop growing up right this minute! He did mention that he was in quite a bit of pain when he came to piano. I'm going to have to get some other candy for him. Apparently, all he could have was Skittles. I don't remember not eating chocolate when I had braces. Maybe that's why they put them on at 10 nowadays instead of 14 - They are still honest!

Laura said...

I remember the pain all to well too and I remember only eating soup or (YUCK) spaghetti-o's right after my braces were adjusted. What I don't remember is the funny thing to keep your mouth open.

Anyway, tell Bailey those of us who were Brace Faces too understand and that it's all worth it in the end! :) Really!

Jackie said...

At least he is getting them on early. I had mine put on when I was in high school! Imagine senior pics with braces?! Ugh!

Lindsay said...

He looks so OLD in the last picture!! What a cutie.

...Sheri said...

Co cute. What a handsome guy! We are looking forward to seeing him in Bandon. We promise not to bring Laffy Taffy. Aubrie went wild with the no-no's after getting hers off.

Jen-ben said...

Kids get braces at 10?! What? Where have I been?