Deidre had her Kindergarten program on Thursday night. They did the "Jungle Book". Deidre was one of the storytellers. She did really well and spoke loud so everyone could understand her. I was really proud.
Luckily I went with mom to the afternoon program. She had a meeting during the evening performance, and I wanted to see both, so off we went.
Then, right before the evening performance, Enoch feel asleep and so I thought I could get away with putting him in the stroller and he would stay asleep (this usually works great). But, when I lifted him out of the car seat, he woke up. He screamed for the whole half hour before the performance. I took him into the hall, and got lots of looks from everyone coming in. What a great feeling to be stared down by everyone who is on their way to a program.
It got so bad, there was just no calming him down, that as soon as Curtis got there, I left and missed the whole show. Boy was I glad that I had gone in the afternoon!
My short term goal is for our whole family to be able to go anywhere together, even church, and sit still and listen, not fighting someone to be quiet. Don't you think that is reasonable?





7 comments:
It sounds like it might be reasonable- but don't get your hopes up! I have given up on it... :-)
Tera,
Thanks for the invite. I totally know what you are going through. You have seen my kids - they are nuts. Today, Halle had to take an apple to church in her backpack, and then kept eating it (trying to be sneeky) during Primary. I wanted to die!! We don't even attempt Sacrament, and only few and far between public places. Someone once told me that the more you do it the easier it gets, but I am with you on the embarassment (you spank them - people stare, you let them get away with it, and you pay for it the next time) of being in public. Best of luck!!
That's a great goal. Let me know how you work it out. I could always use the parental hints. We do OK some of the time. Depends on who's hormones are raging at the time. ;) Yesterday was actually better than most at Church, but we didn't have Heidi with us this weekend. Sometimes (but not always) that's the deciding factor.
I bet Deidre did a great job. Those operettas are always so cute!
I'm so glad you joined the blog world. I feel for you when it comes to those stares. Unfortunatley there aren't as many children in Cali so you get more stares and less sympathy. Luckily, I'm already getting use to it. :) Good job Deidre!
Don't you just love those moments! Enoch must have been on one because Curtis mentioned that he was at his wits end on Saturday night. For my Austin, he seems to get into a "funk" that can last for days (or even a week or two). Those are really hard times. I feel for you! I wish I could tell you to ignore the stares, but I have such a hard time doing that.
How fun for Deidre! Good for her! See...Those frustrating moments are balanced by proud moments.
TOTALLY reasonable...in heaven. :) Deidre is way too cute. I miss seeing her around here!
Hey Tera, I finally got my blog somewhat up and going. Here it is: 3jsplus4lsequalsus.blogspot.com
Post a Comment