Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pioneers, Floats and Snakes


So, this might be dyslexic, I haven't figured out how to add more pictures and not have them end up at the first.  

We went to the library on Monday and saw Scales and Tails.  They brought spiders, snakes, turtles, and lizards.  It was awesome!


Deidre got chosen to be a helper.  She held a little turtle, after he convinced her it was a bat in the container.  She was so nervous, he did such a big buildup, that she asked if her brother could come up instead.  Yes, her face is painted.


Camden got to help hold a boa, they said it was really heavy.  Thanks Carli for telling us about it, we had a fun FHE!


We went to Gardner Village and did the scavenger hunt.  It was fun, it took about an hour, you don't have to go inside any of the stores with your kids, all of the answers are on the plaques outside the doors.  It was a fun thing to keep us busy for a minute.


Deidre can stand on her side, while showing her little cookie choice off!



Monday we went to see the floats.  We had fun, I was glad we went.  It might have to be an annual tradition.

The kids got their faces painted at the float preview.  Deidre is a panda, if you can't make it out.


This is how Enoch entertains himself when we are in public and he has the camera.  Can I tell you how many pictures I have of his feet and legs, one day I'll post some of the good ones.  Thank Heaven for digital cameras, so I don't have to develop a whole roll of them!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

You need to download Window's Live Writer, blogger sucks...

Tera said...

Linds, you will have to come show me that!

Richins Family said...

Tera,
All of this sounds like so much fun!! I loved seeing you guys the other day, I have always enjoyed just talking to you and sharing some of our crazy kid stories. Thanks for always opening your home and heart to all of us. You are such an amazing and exceptional person, and I admire you so much. Thanks again - also for the directions - it was quite the sight seeing tour :) !! Love ya!

Richins Family said...

Tera,
All of this sounds like so much fun!! I loved seeing you guys the other day, I have always enjoyed just talking to you and sharing some of our crazy kid stories. Thanks for always opening your home and heart to all of us. You are such an amazing and exceptional person, and I admire you so much. Thanks again - also for the directions - it was quite the sight seeing tour :) !! Love ya!

Jackie said...

What fun! I will have to do the scavenger hunt with my kids. And previewing the floats- how awesome is that? I need to do that. Then you don't have to actually attend the parade. I hate parades. Too hot. :-)

Emily said...

How fun! You definitely win the prize for "Best Summer Mom" (you beat me at least). I have been so lazy this summer. I just haven't wanted to leave the house. I'll have to remember the float preview for next year. It looks like a ton of fun!

Brian and Kim said...

Love the pics. We went to the parade preview too. My kids loved seeing the floats on the parade that they'd seen there. Great fun!!!