Sunday, July 6, 2008

What a life!

I never have a dull moment!!


I tried to switch to Comcast, I thought I could save $5 a month, it was a total disaster.I ended up losing my internet for three weeks, and my phone didn't ring for a whole week( ok, that part I really didn't mind!)



So, I have a run away child,   I think all of our children have tried to get away from us at times (do you blame them?), but I never had to call the cops... until now....


Enoch usually just escapes to the back yard,  He is so drawn to the pond, I have even found him drinking it lately. 

He takes his treats out and just sits on the rocks... until, that gets old.

Tuesday night, we were getting dinner ready and I was  unpicking a dress I am working on.  Curtis came home from the airport and we were talking and mulling around, and then started the very old game, "Have you seen Enoch?"  I started looking,  We had to install latches on every door in the house, and that was the first round of searching,  they were all done up except for the back door which was bolted.  So I started looking through the house, no where!  

Then round TWO,  I went in the back yard and noticed that one of the gates was open just a bit, PANIC!!   I tore out into the neighborhood and to all his "places",  Then I saw Curtis who had come out when he hadn't seen me for a minute.  "You better call the cops"...  So  911 again, this time for real..

The police showed up so fast and started to work like pros,  "Have you looked all over in the house?"   Yes, I said , but let's do it again. 

We searched the house three times and then she found him in Curtis' car in the garage,  He was asleep on the floor and we had all walked by there more than once.

What a relief, but since it was so hot, Here came about 8 firemen and the big truck and a  ambulance.  Enoch was not happy to have been woke up in the first place, but to have a room full of BIG men who really did fill the family room looking right at him  he was screaming and really didn't stop until they all left.

Talk about excitement, and as they drove away, Curtis said, you should have gotten out your camera to take pictures for your blog!  Don't think I didn't consider it!!!!


 I rented a snow cone machine for the weekend we put in our grass, the kids had about 100 each, and all the friends came over too.
I thought this one was so cute, Bailey is the best big brother, they had fun in the sprinklers and needed a rest.

Mom, don't you think I am too cute to keep locked up?



Sorry that was so long, alot can happen in three weeks around here!  I'll post pics of our improved yard later!!


5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh man, there is always some excitement going on. I'm just waiting for your Enoch and chase the pig video on your blog.

Jackie said...

LMAO. I can't believe you had to call the police. At least this time you were calling them- not someone else! Guess you'd better just put Enoch on a leash in the kitchen! :-)

Emily said...

Tera - I was wondering when you were going to post this story. I still can't get over it. We still have the locks on our doors from when Austin was in the "Escape" stage. If you need something to laugh at, I always like to think of the story of Cami locked INSIDE her house when Ethan was the Escape Artist.

Love that picture of Bailey and Enoch. Can you even imagine your life without him (even if you are on a first name basis with the local police department)!?!

Jen-ben said...

Just lock him for a little while. We could lock him and T up together...what do you wanna bet they'd escape after 5 seconds?

Megan said...

What a story! I am so glad he didn't go too far. Fun pics and I wish Morgan & I could take advantage of your cheap & fun ideas. Maybe when we move back to Utah.