Monday, September 15, 2008

LOTOJA

Can you believe my husband is crazy enough to ride a bike 206 miles from Logan to Jackson Hole.  He is my hero!  I drove the car in between the stops and met him to bring him fresh water, food, and support.

He started at 6 am, it was still dark!

IMGP0005

I was so stressed out all day worrying about making it to the next stop to meet him, that I didn't take a single picture.  I also supported his friend from work, Brett.

IMGP0009

Ok, so I did take a picture, this is his hands, I missed the shot, what a great wife!

 

They stayed together for the first 65 - 80 miles, then they got separated.  So I would race to the next stop to meet Curtis, then wait for Brett, then race to the next stop.  It worked out until the finish line, where I missed seeing Curtis cross by about 5 minutes.  I heard his name called, but I wasn't quite there and I felt so bad.  He didn't really care, or so he said, he was so dead, and I actually finally took a picture.

IMGP0011

He was so glad to be done!  This was just after he finished.

I AM SO PROUD OF HIM FOR DOING IT!!!

Love you honey!

7 comments:

The Brown's said...

I was wondering how it went so I am glad you posted about it. You are a great wife!!Great job Curtis!!

Megan said...

Way to go Curtis. What an accomplishment. Maybe one of these days Ad & I will do something like this...maybe! Your garden looks wonderful too.

Jackie said...

Wow! Good Job Curtis! That is so amazing. Love the pics Tera. LOL Keep bugging Spence about working out Curtis. Maybe one of these times he'll get sick of you asking and just give in. :-)

Lindsay said...

Nice Curtis. Someday I will join you, you just watch. And none of this relay crap. I'm gonna get a sticker on my car for doing the WHOLE thing! You might have to put up with my "UUUGH!"ing though...

Richins Family said...

I so wanted to call you after, and get the low down. Way to go Curtis!! He is such an awesome guy, and can do anything. You two make the best couple ever. You are an amazing wife, and so supportive. Your garden vegetables look fantastic. Hope the Brown party went well. Sorry we missed you. Love you guys

Emily said...

I am incredibly impressed! I wish I believed in myself enough to try something so outrageous! Congrats!

Austin said...

that is so awesome! did he ride it in one day?

I did something similar called the STP (Seattle to Portland). I didn't know they had one down there!