Sunday, August 31, 2008

High School Tag

OK Lindsay, here it goes...

1. Did you date someone from High School?

Well, I dated in High School, but not really Curtis,

Sunday, August 31, 2008 (8)

You can see why I wanted to though.  Isn't he cute!

2. What kind of car did you drive?

800px-Caprice1986

When I was a junior, I drove my Dad's car a Chevrolet Caprice Classic.  It was a lovely two tone beige and brown, he worked out of town so he was gone all week.

Baja_back_02

  Then I got a '72 Baja Bug.  It was red, my dad and I went to Jenkins Soffe Mortuary to buy it from the owner.  I came home every night from school to fix it.  It had a rubber band holding the accelerator pedal to the cable that ran to the engine.  It had fog lights and was really cool.  (This is not mine, I can't believe I don't have a pic of it.)

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School for you?

I remember more embarrassing moments in college, but I'm sure it involved falling down somewhere.  I did that a lot!!

4.Were you a party animal?

That depends on your definition of party.  We never did anything we were not supposed to, but we made plenty of ice cream and kitchen sink volcanoes our senior year.  My mom had an open door policy and we would always end up at my house.  My friends even asked if she would be there because she was so much fun!

5. Were you considered a flirt?

No, I was shy.

6. Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir?

Concert Choir and boy was it fun!

Sunday, August 31, 2008 (7)

We went on choir tour to California and had to wear our uniforms on the plane, nerd herd!!

7.Were you a nerd?

Unfortunately, I think I was.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I entered the Make it With Wool Contest and won, this coat dress was the height of fashion in the 80's.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 (2)

I also entered the ZCMI Table Setting Contest my senior year and won.

I was the Sterling Scholar in Homemaking... anyone shocked?

I hung out with my friends from choir and honors classes,  I think I would rather think of myself as a choir nerd.  HA

8. Were you on any Varsity Teams?

no

9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled?

Never!  I was a good girl!!

10. Can You Still Sing the Fight Song?

Of course, Curtis and I sing it to the kids every time we drive by.  Mainly to annoy Bailey.  Mr. Bentley made us learn all of the words, we actually had to a written test on them, so that some one in the audience at the assemblies would know more of the words than "Rolling Hills".

11. Who Were Your Favorite Teachers?

Mr. Bentley (Choir) and Mrs. Pixton, the true sewing queen!  They were awesome.

12.  Where Did You Sit During Lunch?

We left a lot, I remember Jennie Pitts and I went with Jeff Quick to 7-11 and his car died and we had to walk back to English, we were late of course and it was the day of a test.  Mr. Godfrey was not happy with us.

13. What Was Your High School's Full Name?

hillcrest

Hillcrest High School...

The site of many Disney Films.

14. School Mascot

Huskies

15. Did you go to Homecoming? With Who?

I never did in high school

16. If You Could Go Back and Do It Again, Would You?

I have to say, I loved it, but I'm glad I don't have to be there again, or go through that awkward time again.

17. What do you Remember Most About Graduation?

I remember thinking I would have to sit in the back because my last name started with S, and I was about the 3rd or 4th tallest girl in my class, so no matter which way we lined up, I would be at the back, and then the choir sang, so we all got to sit up front. 

Sunday, August 31, 2008 (5)

Holy 80's hair!  My bangs were not nearly as high as some of my friends.

18. Where did you go senior skip day?

I have no idea

19. Were you in any clubs?

I was the president of FHA (Future Homemakers of America)!  Did I say nerd?

20. Have you gained weight since then?

Sunday, August 31, 2008 (4)

It is sad to say, I thought I was so fat then, I'd give almost anything to be that fat again!

21. Who was your prom date?

Sunday, August 31, 2008 (6)

Dave Pickett.  There is a long story, but I won't go into it.  Ask me someday.

22. 10 year reunion, are you planning on going?

We didn't get invited to the 5 year, and really didn't want to see anyone yet at the 10, but next year is our 20 and

we have had fun looking at the website they set up for everyone to post on.

23. Looking back, what  advice would you give yourself?

Have fun.  Remember more, Don't take yourself so seriously!

 

Lindsay already tagged most of you, so do it, it was fun to walk down memory lane.  By the way, I need a lesson in scanning and posting tomorrow Linds.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh goodie, someone did the tag!

Ok #1 - Curtis looks a little Travolta-esque (think Grease) in that photo.

#2 WHAT Disney Movies have been filmed at Hillcrest? Never knew...

#3 Will you and Curtis sing the school fight song for me tomorrow? Thanks.

#4 Even though you might think you were a nerd then, we are all jealous of your sewing skills now.

Lindsay said...

P.S. David Pickett...HOT!

Richins Family said...

Lindsay was right about Curtis and John Travolta. I remember thinking how lucky I was to have such a "hot" uncle with "good" hair (by the way, it was the same time I was obsessed with Grease).
I remember vague things of you and Curtis in High School, but I do remember you being so sweet when he finally brought you around, and my dad and Jeff giving him a hard time about you.
Another (weird) thing I remember is the pearl or stone that he sent home for you from Brazil. Did you get that? Strange thing to remember, but I think that is when I realized that boys existed, and that boys and girls sometimes turn out to be more than friends.
Thanks for your help the other night at the Reception. Glad to say, I think my little problem was from stress or something. It has lightened every day since then. - Again, you can just about fix any thing, even with just good vibes. You are awesome!!!

Jackie said...

Love the pics! Spence was good friends with Blake Soffe. He thinks he knows the car you bought. Well, the owner of it.
And I wish I were a FHA nerd like you were. It sure would come in handy now days... :-)

Emily said...

Greg and I so loved this post! After that first pic, Greg said, "What year is this? 1955?" Curtis's hair is to die for! And you are absolutely adorable. I don't know - I think those bangs are pretty dang impressive. It took serious dedication and time to create such a masterpiece. Just thinking of all the ratting, hairspray, blowdrying, ratting, hairspray, blowdrying, etc. makes me nostalgic!

p.s. I wish I had one ounce of all that domestic diva-ness (I'm sure Greg wishes it too). Curtis is one lucky guy!

Jen-ben said...

I love this one!! And i loved seeing all of the pics of you...you sexy beast you!

Jen-ben said...

hey ps had a thought about your etsy site. what if you give away something on my site? Just something small you know, that way you'll get traffic to the site and someone will get something small....what do you think???

...Sheri said...

Oh Tera, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about CLAUDIA. I remeber you guy always going'harassing' with her hanging out of the trunk or window.