I know Bailey is going to kill me for this, but it's too cute to not share.
So, 5th grade is the magical age when the big talk about the birds and the bees gets told at school. Yes, maturation night (only it was at 2:00)
Luckily Curtis was in town, and so I informed him it was his fatherly duty to take his son and answer any further questions he may have. He was happy to.
Apparently it went fine, I haven't heard any horror stories, but in the car the next day, I was quizzing him about what they talked about, any bit of info. The only bit I could get out of him was that if you pick zits, they get worse. That is what impressed him, that's what stuck? I think a better explanation is that is what he wanted to discuss with mom.
So we were in the car (where I have them captive and they have to answer because they can't walk away he he he), and I started asking what else they learned, and from the back of the van, in a very loud voice...
Camden: "Ya, they talked about where babies come from!"
Me: "Oh, really?" looking at Bailey
Bailey: a look of horror on his face and his eyes wide open the size of glasses, "Ya"
Enough said, that was all I got!!
Do I really have one old enough to talk about all of this with? Maybe he will tell Cam everything and he won't ask anything else. I did tell him his friends would probably talk about it again, and if he ever heard anything and wanted to ask me he could.





5 comments:
What is it about the birds and the bees that just clams up little boys? I don't get it! I just don't think that little ten-year-olds have the mindset to dialogue the whole sex thing with their moms or dads! I say wait 'til he's fifteen, then bring it up again! By then he'll be a little more interested;) By the way, how did Curtis say things went?
That is a conversation that is happening a lot at our house thanks to the baby and Brook's quickly maturing body. At least he got something out of the "zit" part. It wasn't a waste of time. :p
UGh...don't you hate thinking about those conversations! We talked to Nate about 6 months ago about EVERYTHING. We wanted him to hear things from us instead of elsewhere. (He already knew the basic birds and bees....this was more detailed.) I wanted to leave the room once Spence started talking "wet dreams" with Nate! C'mon...do I really need to be there during that conversation??
Ahh....the joys of kids. Our school does it in 5th AND 6th grade...we skipped the second round. Having a girl is a little different, but equally as squirmmy.
Haha! oh Tera, I can just imagine this conversation!
Post a Comment